Mary J. Blige and John Legend Head to TV
Legend will replace Lionel Richie on the upcoming singing competition show, Duets. “I’m thrilled to be part of Duets and I’m looking forward to finding an undiscovered gem out there,” says Legend. “This is going to be alot fun.” He’ll join the already announced line-up of judges that includes Jennifer Nettles, Kelly Clarkson and Robin Thicke. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Richie reportedly backed out of the show due to a scheduling issue. Duets premieres on NBC on May 24th.
Meanwhile Blige will be joining American Idol‘s executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe for his new show this summer. Opening Act will give otherwise unknown performers a chance to open for some of music’s biggest stars. Antonina Armato of Rock Mafia will join Blige and Lythgoe as the industry team picking acts out of obscurity and starting them on their journey to becoming concert-ready. The outcome for some will be opening for one of these musicians during their U.S tours: Jason Mraz, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, Rod Stewart, Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean or Gym Class Heroes.
Opening Act is set to debut on E! this July.
– Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mariah Carey to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Ed Sheeran Lands Role In ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Creator’s Latest Medieval Drama
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- Kanye Throws Mic and Storms Off Stage at Pan Am Games
- Taylor Swift Approves of Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Blank Space’ Cover