Gym Class Heroes Perform “The Fighter” With Staten Island’s PS22 Chorus
It is one of many high profile appearances for the 5th graders from Staten Island. They have previously been invited to perform on the 2011 Oscars, were guests on Oprah’s show, and have earned accolades from most of the stars whose hits they’ve covered including Adele, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Gotye, and Lady Gaga. The kids covered the Gym Class Heroes track back in November, after which they earned their accolades from singer Travie McCoy.
Shout out and tons of love to The PS22 Chorus For their cover of THE FIGHTER, this video brought me to tears. bit.ly/rtZCfq GOOD JOB!
— Travie McCoy (@TravieMcCoy) December 20, 2011
Since they obviously knew the song already and were nearby, it was easy to incorporate the kids into this special live performance of the song, having them take over the parts originally sung by co-writer Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic. An official video for “The Fighter” (also featuring Tedder) will be released in May.
The kids of PS22 can also be seen in a new documentary, Once In A Lullaby, that debuts at the Tribecca Film Festival this year.
-Courtney E. Smith
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You