Paul McCartney had the great idea to use sign language in his most recent music video. Unfortunately, some things might have gotten lost in translation.
According to Spinner, the black-and-white clip for “My Valentine” featuring Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp translating the song’s lyrics into sign language makes a few embarrassing mistakes.
Throughout the video, Depp supposedly makes the gesture for “enemy” when he really should be making the motion for “valentine.” Even worse, when the two actors try to make the sign for “agreed” they’re really doing the motion for “tampon.” A spokesperson for the British Deaf Association confirmed this for the music news outlet, but also added that American and British sign language are different.
McCartney directed the video for “My Valentine,” which was based on an idea from his fashion designer daughter, Stella. The song is one of two original songs off of McCartney’s new album Kisses on the Bottom, a collection of standards Paul grew up listening to as a kid.
Watch the video below to see Portman and Depp try their hands at sign language.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Zayn Malik’s Sophomore Album Has ‘More Optimistic Tone’
- Gwen Stefani Still Thinks Blake Shelton’s a Winner
- Chris Cornell’s Wife Vicky Shares Letter to Late Husband
- Kim Kardashian Wishes Kanye West a Happy Anniversary
- Ariana Grande Officially Suspends Dangerous Woman Tour Dates
- Nicki Minaj Won’t ‘Operate in Fear’ After Manchester Bombing