Cee-Lo Green And Goodie M.O.B. Bring The “Fight” To “The Voice”
On Monday’s (April 23) episode of The Voice, Cee-Lo Green hopped out of his judge chair and hit the stage with his Goodie M.O.B. crew. All four members of the Atlanta-based hip-hop group united for a gold-plated reunion.
Goodie M.O.B., comprised of Cee-Lo, Big Gipp, T-Mo and Khujo, donned golden gladiator armor as they performed their new song “Fight to Win.” While each member had a moment to shine, the song is a driving arena anthem that leans heavily on Cee-Lo’s charging vocals.
“If I lose, It was worth dying for,” Cee-Lo sings on the chorus, “If I win, I only win to fight again…”
Goodie fans have been awaiting a reunion since 1998 when their last album, Soul Food, hit stands. After a falling-out between them, Cee-Lo didn’t participate in the group’s third offering, 2004’s One Monkey Don’t Stop No Show. The title of the album was said to be a snipe at Cee-Lo for his departure.
In February, Cee-Lo announced that new Goodie M.O.B. album, Age Against The Machine, would be “coming soon.” While the group has not yet announced an exact release date, the performance on The Voice signals to many that it is on the way.
See the entire performance here.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France
- The College Life of Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo Inspires New TV Show