NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The average commuter in the Tri-state area spends three years of his or her life heading to and from work and now, a new study finds it can seriously affect your health.
No matter how you commute, the daily grind takes its toll and all that time spent commuting can lead to health issues down the road.
“Commutes tend to make people focus on things that have them feeling kind of helpless and out of control,” health psychologist Dr. Greg Peterson told CBS 2-s Alex Denis.
All that, Peterson says, can lead to stress and long-term stress can lead to heart disease, diabetes, headaches and digestive problems.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The Postal Service Air Dirty Laundry In ‘A Tattered Line Of String’ Video
- Eminem Drops Mixtape Track ‘Symphony In H’
- Kim’s College: The Muppets, Demi Moore and Kanye West
- John Mayer Drops New Single ‘Paper Doll’
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’