Coming Soon To A Theater Near You: Rolling Stones “Exile On Main St.” Film Drama
The relationship between the Rolling Stones‘ Keith Richards and Mick Jagger has always appeared complicated and at times tumultuous, but with a new film drama in the works, fans will get a closer look at the songwriting team’s dynamic.
Virgin Media’s production studio, Virgin Produced, has acquired the rights to Robert Greenfield¹s 2006 book, Exile on Main St.: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones, reports entertainment industry website Deadline.com. No director or actors are attached to the film, which will focus heavily on Richards and Jagger.
In “Exile on Main St.: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones,” former Rolling Stone editor Greenfield chronicles time spent with the Stones and their celeb cohorts while recording 1972’s seminal double album, Exile on Main St., at Richards’ mansion in the South of France. As Greenfield discovered, this was a trying times for the Stones, who had recently split on bad terms from manager Allen Klein. The band’s intense drug use and tortuously lengthy recording sessions were discussed at length in the non-fiction book.
The film based on Greenfield’s book will not be a documentary, as one of those focusing on cheerier times – in celebration of the Stones’ 50th anniversary – is already in the works and is expected for release this September.
Fans can expect a dark drama. In 2010, Keith Richards described the Exile on Main St. recording sessions as “very Hitleresque ‹ the last days of Berlin sort of thing” to Rolling Stone, noting that “it wasn’t a great environment for, like, breathing.”
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ingrid Michaelson Looks To The Past For Inspiration On ‘Time Machine’
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)