Bronx Native Mary J. Blige To Sing National Anthem At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch