Bronx Native Mary J. Blige To Sing National Anthem At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- How Milky Chance Graduated From Music Class To the World Stage
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Slams Ariana Grande For Being Too Sexy
- Barbra Streisand Duets with Jimmy Fallon, Critiques His Singing on ‘Tonight Show’
- Listen to Big K.R.I.T.’s Remix of Alt-J’s ‘Every Other Freckle’
- Interview: Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, Twitter, and Her Love of Sam Smith
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Wheeled Whitney Houston’s Corpse Into the Morgue