Bronx Native Mary J. Blige To Sing National Anthem At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Kim’s College: Katy Perry’s New Man, Robin Williams As A Woman & Pharrell’s Breakdown
- Mrs. Doubtfire Is Back, Hated Celebs & Brad And Angelina Are One Kinky Couple: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!