Bronx Native Mary J. Blige To Sing National Anthem At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best