LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Shouts Out Leicester City After Premier League Victory
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Production Credits Broken Down
- Stone Temple Pilots Deny Auditioning Scott Stapp
- Watch Prince Cover David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ Weeks Prior to His Death
- Watch Kevin Hart, Big Sean and More Lip-Sync Rihanna’s ‘Work’
- Watch Jay-Z and Blue Ivy Dance Backstage During Beyoncé’s Formation Tour