LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Prankster Parent’
- Sia’s Theatrical Arena Spectacle Dazzles
- This Week on FM Magazine: Halloween Events at the Bronx Zoo
- Justin Timberlake Could Have Gone To Jail For Taking a Ballot Selfie While Voting
- Watch an Epic Pentatonix Version of ‘Hallelujah’
- Mariah Carey Cancels South American Dates