Bronx Native Mary J. Blige To Sing National Anthem At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- Rihanna’s Bad Girl BET Awards Moment Was Completely Staged, Obviously
- ‘I Am Chris Farley’ Documentary Trailer Might Make You Tear Up: Watch
- Tom Cruise Could Be Flying Drones in ‘Top Gun’ Sequel
- Jon Stewart Reaching Out to Conservative Foes for Final Show
- John Mayer and Andy Cohen Captured the Weekend with One Selfie