LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Passes To An Advanced Screening Of “Going In Style”
- Zayn Malik Drops New Track ‘Still Got Time’ Featuring PartyNextDoor
- Adele Pays Tribute to London Attack Victims
- Beyoncé Facetimes Fan Battling Stage 4 Cancer
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- 5 Costly Songwriting Similarities