Bronx Native Mary J. Blige To Sing National Anthem At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CBSNewYork/AP) – GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year’s Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige, a Bronx native, will sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber Talks To The New York Times About ‘Where Are U Now,’ But He Probably Should Have Kept His Mouth Shut
- Trey’s Fashion Faves from the 2014 MTV VMAs
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Trey & Ghia Bring The Noise
- Justin Bieber Look-Alike Found Dead Days After He Was Reported Missing
- Taylor Swift and Lisa Kudrow Perform ‘Friends’ Hit ‘Smelly Cat’
- Watch: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Drop ‘Downtown’ Video Ahead of VMA Performance