Michael Buble Channels Ray Charles For Record Store Day
Michael Bublè has a knack for covering other people’s songs and making them all his own. Something the late Ray Charles also had a talent for. They’ll both come together with their versions of “Georgia on My Mind” in an exclusive release for Record Store Day.
The limited edition peach-colored vinyl, available Saturday, April 21, is part of the Warner Bros. Records “Side by Side” series, which has current WB artists covering other influential acts on the label. The release features the iconic 1960’s recording by Ray Charles along with Bublè’s version from his 2009 album Crazy Love.
Bublè said Charles became one of his idols after his Italian grandfather introduced him to the music. Besides “Georgia,” Bublè covered Charles’ song, “You Don’t Know Me” on his 2005 album, It’s Time.
The 7″ is only available through independent retailers so check out the official Record Store Day website to find a record store near you. The unofficial holiday to show support for record stores was first started in San Francisco on April 19, 2008 and is now celebrated the third Saturday of every April.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Get more Fresh news:
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Album with 15-Second Snippet