Michael Bublè has a knack for covering other people’s songs and making them all his own. Something the late Ray Charles also had a talent for. They’ll both come together with their versions of “Georgia on My Mind” in an exclusive release for Record Store Day.
The limited edition peach-colored vinyl, available Saturday, April 21, is part of the Warner Bros. Records “Side by Side” series, which has current WB artists covering other influential acts on the label. The release features the iconic 1960’s recording by Ray Charles along with Bublè’s version from his 2009 album Crazy Love.
Bublè said Charles became one of his idols after his Italian grandfather introduced him to the music. Besides “Georgia,” Bublè covered Charles’ song, “You Don’t Know Me” on his 2005 album, It’s Time.
The 7″ is only available through independent retailers so check out the official Record Store Day website to find a record store near you. The unofficial holiday to show support for record stores was first started in San Francisco on April 19, 2008 and is now celebrated the third Saturday of every April.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Get more Fresh news:
- John Legend Has All His Luggage, Chill
- Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ Gets PartyNextDoor Remix
- Selena Gomez Celebrates World Kindness Day at LA High School
- Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’ Soothes Crying Baby
- Ed Sheeran on Liberian Relief Trip: ‘Nothing Could Have Prepared Me for What I Saw’
- John Mayer Wrote ‘Still Feel Like Your Man’ About Katy Perry