Gotye appeared on Saturday Night Live last weekend in a popular Digital Short with Andy Samburg and Taran Killam that was a parody of his famous naked video for “Somebody That I Used To Know” — but what did he think of it?
Gotye told Alice@97.3/San Francisco that the idea of the skit at first made him a little nervous, but he shook it off. “I probably had about 5 [or] 10 seconds when they presented the pitch to me for the sketch a few days before where I thought, ‘Maybe, I shouldn’t do this. I’ll be embarrassed,'” Goyte confessed. “I got all self-conscious. And then thought, ‘What? What an idiot! As if this is ever gonna to come up as an opportunity ever again!'”
When asked if the comedians we’re really “in the buff” during the infamous sketch, Gotye deflected, saying, “I don’t remember…I wasn’t looking down there.” He jokingly added, “You can’t stay away from [Andy Sandburg’s] face. He keeps your gaze.”
“Someone I Used To Know” continues rolling on. It is currently at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, getting the Glee treatment, and racking up millions of YouTube views — and apparently is currently the #1 most Shazamed song.
-Bradford Hornsby, Alice@97.3/San Francisco
Get more Fresh news:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani