Five time GRAMMY award winning artist Carrie Underwood has just announced she will perform a live, streaming concert direct from New York’s Ed Sullivan Theater on Monday, April 30. The performance is the latest installment of the CBS Interactive series Live on Letterman.
The webcast will take place live from the famous Manhattan venue just hours before Carrie’s new album, Blown Away, hits stores. Blown Away will be Carrie’s fourth album since launching her career out of American Idol back in 2005.
And speaking of that show, it’s hard to remember that an artist of Carrie’s stature ever had to battle for attention, as these days she is such a pillar among both contemporary country and pop music audiences. Since exploding out of Idol, Carrie has gone on to win GRAMMY Awards, ACM Awards, Teen Choice Awards, American Country Awards, Billboard Awards, and CMT Awards, among many others.
When Carrie takes the stage of the Ed Sullivan Theater on April 30, it may well be one of the biggest Live on Letterman concerts yet.
You can stream the entire show live right here or on CBS.com. The concert starts promptly at 8 PM ET/5pm PT.
To hold you over until the show, here’s a look at Carrie’s new video “Good Girl.”
- Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
More on Carrie Underwood:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Queens Of The Stone Push Boundaries, Debut ‘…Like Clockwork’ At L.A. Tour Launch
- Muse To Turn ‘World War-Z’ Movie Premiere Into Concert
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross To Aid Tornado Victims
- New Music To Know: Pacific Air, Electropop With Just A Touch Of Enya