TIME’s 100 Most Influential List Includes Adele And Rihanna
Today TIME Magazine revealed their annual TIME 100 list for 2012. Alongside President Obama and Hillary Clinton, Adele and Rihanna top the lineup.
“They are the people who inspire us, entertain us, challenge us and change our world. Meet the breakouts, pioneers, moguls, leaders and icons who make up this year’s TIME 100,” the magazine writes.
In the package, fashion designer Stella McCartney recalled when she first met Rihanna.
“I remember her being a normal person, not what you’d expect of a young woman about to take over the world,” McCartney writes. “Rihanna, 24, goes out of her way to support the people she believes in. She is one of the few people I know in that world of fame and celebrity who aren’t all about themselves. She’ll give a real part of herself to an ordinary person she may meet, and that’s rare.”
With monster hit singles, a film in theaters and an upcoming performance on Saturday Night Live next month, Rihanna shows no sign of slowing down.
“There are a few artists in my life who I can think back and remember where I was when I first heard them. When you’re so utterly moved by something that you know you’ll never be the same again,” Pink wrote. “When I first heard Adele, I thought, ‘Who is this creature? This voice! Her tone! Why is the entire world not watching this video?'”
Pink further expressed her happiness that the world caught onto Adele’s “authentic talent, great songwriting and a unique package.”
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay