NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Dick Clark, who brought Times Square into the homes of countless millions every New Year’s Eve, has died.
He was 82.
According to a statement from his publicist, Clark died of a massive heart attack.
Clark entered a Santa Monica hospital last night for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Clark is survived by his wife Kari and children RAC, Duane and Cindy, his publicist said.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Katy Perry Sings ‘Rise’ and ‘Roar’ at DNC
- MTV Classic to Launch Aug 1 with Focus on 90s
- Ice Cube Revamps ‘Hollywood Squares’ as Hip-Hop Game Show
- Zayn Malik on Leaving One Direction: ‘It Didn’t Feel Brave’
- Kesha Talks Dr. Luke Lawsuit, Gun Control at Post-DNC Event
- Dr. Dre Cleared of Gun Possession Charge