“The Voice” Recap: Carson Daly Discusses Last Night’s Shocking Eliminations
When Carson Daly told AMP/Los Angeles about The Voice’s instant elimination, we had a feeling that things would get cutthroat but we didn’t imagine that the competition would be turned completely upside down.
Teams Christina and Blake stepped up their game last night but unfortunately two of their contestants were cut from the show immediately after last night’s performances.
Jesse Campbell, who was dubbed the one to beat just 2 short weeks ago, was sent home by coach Christina Aguilera. It was a controversial choice, considering Jesse delivered one of the most powerful performances of the night with Beyonce’s “Halo.” In the end, Christina said she had to go with her gut and pick the team with the most versatility and potential to grow.
Blake Shelton’s decision was a surprise as well. He cut Jordis Unga, who sang Sara Evans’ “A Little Bit Stronger.” All the coaches praised Jordis for the understated performance, but Blake opted to eliminate her, saying he based his decision on the way America voted in week 1 of the live shows. Jordis found herself in the bottom 3 during the first week and Blake saved her from going home.
That means Christina still has teen pop rocker Ashley De La Rosa, iTunes darling Lindsey Pavao, and opera singer Chris Mann on her side. Blake Shelton is left with powerhouse vocalist Erin Willett, country cutie RaeLynn, and Alicia Keys’ back-up singer Jermaine Paul.
Tonight another contestant from each team will be booted from the show. We don’t expect that the contestants slept well after last night’s surprising outcome.
–Courtney Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo