Hot Chelle Rae Discuss New Single, Tour, And Crazy Ex-Girlfriends
Last month, the band released the music video for their breakup song “Honestly.” Lead singer Ryan Follese explained the story behind the track.
“‘Honestly’ is our kind of breaking up getting even song,” he said. “It’s inspired by some true life events and some not. We were just sitting around talking about our ex-girlfriends one day and then this song happened. We wanted to do the whole ‘getting even,’ posting pictures on Facebook and we’re stoked about it. It’s really, really fun and upbeat.”
Guitarist Nash Overstreet hopes the track becomes an anthem for those burned in love.
“Every time you breakup with somebody you always have the sad breakup song that you’re really devastated to, and then you need the song to get revenge to,” Overstreet said. “And ‘Honestly’ is that one, so hopefully it will be the anthem for anybody who had a weird or bad ex.”
Hot Chelle Rae expressed their thrill when they learned of their first New York sold-out headlining performance.
“We’re super, super excited about it. We’ve been looking forward to this show more than any show for a long time — since the tour started,” Follese said. “I think it sold out in a day or an hour, some crazy number. We’re so thrilled to be able to play a headlining set finally in New York. This East Coast run is going to be amazing.”
Though the band is keeping busy with a packed tour schedule, it doesn’t mean they’ve stopped writing.
“We’re always working on new music. Whenever we get any time, which is not too often, but when we can sneak away and get into the studio [we] try and write,” Follese said. “We even write on the road sometimes. We want to keep music always coming to the fans. I don’t like it to make people wait and I don’t think they like to wait either.”
- Vittoria M. Colonna, 92.3 NOW
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Neil Diamond Shares ‘Nothing but Heartache,’ the First Song from Upcoming ‘Melody Road’ Album
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music
- It’s Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett & a Flute Solo on ‘Nature Boy': Listen
- Watch Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Jam with Steve Winwood
- Phil Collins to Play First Show in 4 Years
- Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’ Deposition: The Revealing, Self-Deprecating, Hilarious Highlights