Glee Does Disco with “Saturday Night Fever”
Break out those bellbottoms and lace up those platform boots because tonight “Glee’s” gonna burn that mother down! Yep, the show’s gone disco for an episode dedicated to “Saturday Night Fever.” The kids from William McKinley will be busting a move and belting out the hits that defined a generation in an episode cleverly titled, “Saturday Night Glee-ver.”
Though the high schoolers aren’t too interested in the genre, the 1977 movie soundtrack does have a “few” fans. It’s sold over 40 million copies since its initial release according to the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). It also won Album of the Year at the 1978 Grammy Awards and spent 24 weeks at number one on the Billboard charts from January to July 1978. The disco collection even held the title of top selling soundtrack of all time until it was surpassed by Whitney Houston’s “The Bodyguard” soundtrack in 1999.
The members of New Directions put their own spin on the classics. Mercedes (Amber Riley) adds a little sass to her version of “Disco Inferno.”
Blaine (Darren Criss) gets everyone doing the hustle for the Bee Gees’ classic “You Should Be Dancing.”
This is the second time the show’s done a whole episode dedicated to one album. Last season, they performed songs from Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumors,” also released in 1977.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’