Maroon 5 Release New Song “Payphone” Featuring Wiz Khalifa
It may just be unfortunate timing, but Maroon 5 have dropped a break up track called “Payphone” that seems to address singer Adam Levine’s recent heartbreak at the end of his relationship with model Anne Vyalitsyna.
With gossip mags reporting that Levine was blindsided by the break up earlier this month, it doesn’t seem possible that he could have written it as an ode to their now-defunct relationship but the tie-in publicity couldn’t come at a more opportune time for Maroon 5.
“Payphone” will be the lead single off the band’s forthcoming album, Overexposed. Marron 5 posted a teaser on YouTube for the album near the end of March, featuring a shot of “Payphone” featured player Wiz Khalifa in the studio.
The band will debut the song on Monday night’s episode of The Voice.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings