David Hasselhoff Attends Coachella, Drives Around In KITT
For the fifth year in a row, David Hasselhoff attended Coachella. This year though, he received a few surprises.
Upon his arrival, festival producer Bill Fold gave The Hoff a car to drive around the grounds. This wasn’t just any car. He was handed the keys to KITT, the Trans-Am made famous in the 1982 Knight Rider TV series in which Hasselhoff starred.
In an interview with CBS Local, Hasselhoff shared his excitement about the festival.
“Bill Fold really took care of me,” Hasselhoff said. “I didn’t know he was such a big Knight Rider fan. He’s been so good to me. We were in the front row for every band. I feel very blessed.”
Friday was a busy day for The Hoff as he buzzed from stage to stage catching as many acts as he and British girlfriend, Hayley Roberts could race to. “My first Coachella was five years ago and I haven’t looked back since,” he said.
When asked his favorite acts of the weekend, he expressed his excitement for the festival line-up. “I loved Kaiser Chiefs. They were incredible. Pulp was fantastic. I hung out backstage with Madness. It was so much fun.”
“My girlfriend turned me on to techno-pop. We were right up front for David Guetta and Calvin Harris. They took really good care of us,” he said.
Monday morning he’ll head back to L.A. to hop on a plane bound for New York, but not for too long.
“I think I’ll be back in town Wednesday so I can come back out next weekend,” Hasselhoff said. “The Coachella audience seems to respond to The Hoff.”
– Jay Tilles CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Interview: Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway
- Watch the Dark New Trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’
- ‘Roots’ Is Getting Rebooted with Laurence Fishburne as Alex Haley
- Interview: Joy Williams Lets Down the Walls on Solo Album ‘Venus’
- There’s No Actual Bad Blood Between Selena Gomez & Katy Perry