LONDON (CBSMiami) – Bee Gees star and former Miami resident Robin Gibb is in a coma and has pneumonia, according to a statement on his official website.
The statement, which confirmed media reports that the singer was gravely ill, said “we are all hoping and praying that he will pull through.”
Gibb recently battled colon and liver cancer. Doctors believe the 62-year-old has a secondary tumor.
Gibb had emergency surgery in 2010 for a blocked bowel and then had more surgery for a twisted bowel.
He is currently at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Miley Cyrus on ‘The Voice’: Not for Sob Stories, but to Find Great Talent
- The Weeknd Murders His Former Self in ‘Starboy’ Music Video
- Carson and Cane: Intern Anthony Spreads Love To Complete Strangers
- Kiiara on Her ‘Gold’ Message: ‘You Don’t Owe Anyone Anything’
- Eminem, Diplo, Florida Georgia Line Team Up for NFL Team T-shirt Line
- Sia Shares ‘The Greatest’ Video in Praise of Hillary Clinton’s ‘Stamina’