Zooey Deschanel Talks About Chubby Childhood
Zooey Deschanel may be the popular star of the Fox hit New Girl, but the actress confessed in the May issue of Marie Claire magazine, that her childhood was spent being teased for being ‘chubby.’
The actress confesses that her classmates were more than a little cruel, “I still have in me the same awareness when I was twelve and chubby and a girl was spitting in my face,” she said. “I’m the same person.” Of the spitting incident, she says, “I really don’t know why she spit at me. I just talked to her. I guess I wasn’t allowed to talk to her. I remember I couldn’t believe it.”
That’s some serious mean girl action, but my guess is that the spitter in question feels pretty stupid right about now.
Deschanel is newly divorced from musician Ben Gibbard, and is in absolutely no hurry to start dating again…or to have children.
“Honestly, I’m just going through a divorce, so I don’t really think that’s something I want to get into now,” she said. “I don’t have time to date. I literally – don’t have time.”
When asked about kids, Zooey is punting to her famous sister, and new mom, Emily Deschanel, “That’s never been my focus. My sister was always very motherly, babysitting and stuff. I like kids, and I like being around kids – but it was never an ambition, something, like, I need,” she said.
“I like working. That’s what I like doing. I like to work.”
It looks like the working thing is working out for you, Zo, perhaps you’ll even rebound with one of those sexy roommates you have on the set.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream ‘Nina Revisited… A Tribute to Nina Simone’ Featuring Lauryn Hill, Usher & More
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran
- Britney Spears Recreating the ‘Oops I Did It Again’ Cover with Her Sons Will Make You Feel Old