Green Day Announce Three New Albums
It’s no secret that Green Day is in the studio, but speculation has been mounting about what the trio have been creating. Will their new album return to their fast paced punk rock Dookie, another American Idiot rock opera, or neither?
As it turns out, Billie Joe, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool are hard at work creating a three album trilogy titled ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!
“What a way to start off the decade, with three albums.”
The 3-disc collection has already been assigned street dates of, Tuesday, September 25th, Tuesday, November 13th and Tuesday, January 15th 2013 respectively. Yes, fans will have to wait two months between each release.
The band believes they can top their Grammy® Award-winning 21st Century Breakdown.
“We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives. This is the best music we’ve ever written, and the songs just keep coming,” said the members of Green Day. “Instead of making one album, we are making a three album trilogy. Every song has the power and energy that represents Green Day on all emotional levels. We just can’t help ourselves… We are going epic as f***!”
Green Day will play a select few festivals this summer in Japan and Europe.
18TH Tokyo, Japan Summer Sonic 2012
19th Osaka, Japan Summer Sonic 2012
26th Paris, France Rock en Seine 2012
1st Konstanz, Germany Rock am See 2012
2nd Bologna, Italy I-Day Festival
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics