One of America’s favorite pop princesses, Britney Spears, is likely to become the new judge on the US version of The X Factor. After Simon Cowell pulled a surprise firing of Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul shortly after the first season, there have been rumors as to who would be filling in those big shoes for season two!
Rihanna, Katy Perry and Mariah Carey were all said to be in talks, but new reports are out and it LOOKS to be official with the one and only Britney. The singer will become the highest-paid judge in reality TV, according to E! Online, where she will be earning fifteen million a year, which is three million more than American Idol’s Jennifer Lopez.
“[Money] was the big sticking point and now, thankfully, it’s been sorted,” a source told E!. “All they need to do now is work out the smaller points.
However, it isn’t 100 percent official…
Back in 2008 when the pop star had gone through her breakdown, she lost custody of her children as well as her right to handle her own finances. Since then, Britney has been overseen by her father, Jamie Spears. However, new developments have shown that her fiance, Jason Trawick is seeking to be co-conservator. Both Jamie Spears and Jason need to approve the X Factor contract before she can “officially” join the show, but there are no indications right now that they would not approve.
Are you a fan of seeing Britney each week on TV? Do you think she’s fit to be the new judge? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism