South side Queens native Nicki Minaj debuted at number one on the Billboard Charts with her newest album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. Selling 253,000 copies (according to Nielson Soundscan), Miss. Minaj broke the expected sales figures of 215,000 to 235,000.
The album features the spitfire Nicki we all know and love, as can be heard on the hip hop heavy single “Beez In The Trap” plus a few fun dance hits including “Whip It,” the top 40 hit single “Starships” and the pseudo-ballad “Marilyn Monroe.” Half her album, including the single “Starships,” was produced by Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez producer RedOne.
Madonna, who has been deemed “queen of pop” for decades now hasn’t been nearly as successful as Nicki, and has suffered the biggest second week sales drop in chart history. Prior to her comeback album’s release, several video and audio teasers made MDNA one of the most anticipated albums of the season but has since broken a new record by dropping eighty-seven percent since its debut to number eight with sales of 44,000.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The 6 Best GRAMMY ‘In Memorandum’ Tributes
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘My Son Is Oversharing’
- Lady Gaga Says She Suffers from PTSD
- Empire of the Sun’s Luke Steele: ‘You Have to Have Unshakable Confidence’
- Alicia Keys, Solange & More React to Dakota Access Pipeline Decision
- Win Tickets To See Bon Jovi At MSG