Greenwich Village ‘Dessert Tour’ Offers History And Decadence
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Springtime temperatures have you itching to spend some time outside?
This week, you can take in the warm weather and dessert to boot.
The ‘Greenwich Village History & Dessert Tour’ takes place this week (until April 12), and allows New Yorkers to explore the historical background of downtown New York City.
The tour will emphasize not only the history of landmarks such as the Washington Square arch, but will explore the historical figures associated with them – from George Washington to Bob Dylan.
Some stops on the historical part of the tour include the Washington Square Arch, Minetta Lane, Patchin’ Place, the Jefferson Courthouse Library and Grove Court.
Sampled sweets include Lilac chocolate and Italian saviodi.
Tours are $22. Click here for more info and reservations.
– Vittoria M. Colonna, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Madonna Announces 2015 World Tour
- Carly Rae Jepsen Drops New Song ‘I Really Like You': Listen
- Alabama Shakes Bring Down the House on ‘Saturday Night Live': Watch
- Win Tickets To The NY Auto Show
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers