Greenwich Village ‘Dessert Tour’ Offers History And Decadence
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Springtime temperatures have you itching to spend some time outside?
This week, you can take in the warm weather and dessert to boot.
The ‘Greenwich Village History & Dessert Tour’ takes place this week (until April 12), and allows New Yorkers to explore the historical background of downtown New York City.
The tour will emphasize not only the history of landmarks such as the Washington Square arch, but will explore the historical figures associated with them – from George Washington to Bob Dylan.
Some stops on the historical part of the tour include the Washington Square Arch, Minetta Lane, Patchin’ Place, the Jefferson Courthouse Library and Grove Court.
Sampled sweets include Lilac chocolate and Italian saviodi.
Tours are $22. Click here for more info and reservations.
- Vittoria M. Colonna, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics