Ellie Goulding and Skrillex Record With Holland’s Swedish House Mafia
Dubstep mastermind Skrillex and his English pop-star girlfriend Ellie Goulding have been reportedly recording with Dutch dance producers Swedish House Mafia. The three got together to collaborate on a track for Goulding’s upcoming album.
Swedish House Mafia’s Sebastian Ingrosso told Billboard, “We made a demo and it was amazing; we had a blast… Ellie is a great artist… her voice is amazing. Skrillex, enough said, he is Skrillex.”
According to Ingrosso, the pair were late to the Interscope-arranged recording session. “Ellie and Skrillex came in 30 minutes late, and we had already started with a melody. Skrillex freaked out, he loved it, and after a few hours we wrote the song.”
Although Ingrosso couldn’t confirm a release date, he believed that the track might be included on the follow up to Goulding’s forthcoming album. “In this business you don’t know until you see it on iTunes.”
In an interview on the blog of Daily Mirror columnistDean Piper, Goulding described the sound of her new album, “It’s started to sound very dark and very weird. This album is going to be even more emotional…I wanted to make it so there is hope. I want to make an effect whether it’s happy or sad.”
According to Sonny Moore (Skrillex), his relationship with the singer-song writer started as an email then blossomed into an internet romance. Goulding collaborated with Moore on a track titled “Summit,” for his EP Bangarang.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Looks You Need for Your Best Beauty Summer Ever
- Play Scrabble for the Lolz: Board Game Adds Thousands of New Words
- Nickelback Are Wanted By Australian Police for ‘Crimes Against Music’
- Jimmy Fallon & Pitbull Are Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader: Watch
- Adam Lambert’s New, Bittersweet Pop Sound Takes Hold on ‘The Original High’
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ Video Broke Vevo’s Record for Most Views in 24 Hours