Carrie Underwood Leaving Husband Behind For Fall Tour
Carrie Underwood is gearing up to release her latest album Blown Away on May 1st, which also means we can expect a new tour in the fall.
One thing we won’t be expecting is her husband Mike Fisher to hit the road with her. She’ll be leaving him at home and boarding that tour bus all by her lonesome.
“We see each other as much as we can, but he’s not one for road life,” Carrie tells Vegas Magazine. “He can’t really sleep on the bus. You can’t have a giant bed in the back, so I’m like, ‘You’re touching me! Go away. What are you doing? Scoot over!’ He gets bored. I think if he ever comes out with us on tour for any length of time, I’m going to have to find him something to do!” Mike, a hockey player for the Nashville Predators, is 6′ 1″ and 208 lbs.
Not only is she leaving behind her husband, but Carrie leaves behind a make-up and hair stylist, opting to do her own hair and makeup. She also leaves behind any kind of personal chef, cooking her own vegan meals while on the road. She prefers to travel with a small, intimate entourage while on tour. In an interview with theboot.com Carrie said, “We are putting everything together, getting ideas. Obviously you want the current tour to be bigger, better and brighter than the last one. I felt like the last one was pretty special, so I feel like we have our work cut out for us. But I’m very confident that we can achieve that. It will be a lot of fun. It’s going be this fall, and we’ll hopefully add more dates for the spring of next year.”
Stay tuned for tour stops and dates to be announced.
She’s also hoping to be able to add more dates for the spring of 2013.
-Amber Morgan, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy