Carly Rae Jepsen Talks Justin Bieber, Katy Perry And John Mayer
Carly Rae Jepsen is the newest singer to hit the music scene and by far the spunkiest. The 26-year-old Canadian star is making a place for herself on American soil with a little help from teen sensation Justin Bieber, who recently signed Jepsen to his label Schoolboy Records.
Jepsen sat down with Kiss 95.1/Charlotte and discussed her rise to fame, favorite American singer and the possibility of being pranked. With Bieber taking over the reincarnated TV show Punk’d and pulling a few fast ones on Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and Sean Kingston, there’s a good chance Jepsen could be next.
“I’m so scared,” Jepsen said. “I stupidly, on TV a couple times, mentioned that I will prank him back. I’m so nervous. I keep watching my back now. I started a dangerous war and I don’t wanna play anymore.”
While she admits not knowing how to prank Bieber, she’s open to ideas. Jepsen holds some practical joke experience though, having spent much of her childhood in a prank war with her family. It stopped quickly when her three-person team went overboard and drenched her cousin with freezing cold water in front of his girlfriend.
A big fan of Katy Perry, Jepsen called her “a stunner.” Meanwhile, her favorite American artist might surprise some.
“John Mayer‘s really rad. I really like him,” she said. “He’s got a great songwriting skill and he’s so dreamy.”
- Jodi Phillips/Kiss 95.1
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay