Green Day To Present Guns ‘N Roses At Rock Hall Induction
The last piece of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony puzzle has just been filled. Last month, presenters were announced for all of this year’s inductees, except for Guns ‘N Roses. Now, Rolling Stone has reported that Green Day will be doing the honors for the notorious L.A. band.
Green Day are becoming frequent attendees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies: They performed a tribute to The Ramones when the legendary New York punk band were inducted in 2002, and Billy Joe Armstrong did the presentation speech for The Stooges at their induction in 2010. There’s no word, however, if Green Day will perform at the ceremony this month.
As for the members of Guns N Roses, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum are expected to attend, but it’s not known if Izzy Stradlin’ and Axl Rose will be there. Generally when an inductee doesn’t perform, another band will play their songs in their place. Ironically, Slash, McKagan and Sorum were part of a scenario like that: in 2007, when David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen and Alex Van Halen didn’t attend Van Halen’s induction, Velvet Revolver performed a tribute to DLR-era VH.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony will take place on April 14 in Cleveland, and will air on HBO in May.
-Brian Ives/CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream ‘Nina Revisited… A Tribute to Nina Simone’ Featuring Lauryn Hill, Usher & More
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran
- Britney Spears Recreating the ‘Oops I Did It Again’ Cover with Her Sons Will Make You Feel Old
- Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July Was Better Than Yours