Whitney Houston Shines In Newly Released Sparkle Trailer
TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle on April 2nd, which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jason Derulo Gets Ariana Grande, One Direction & Robin Thicke to ‘Talk Dirty’ With Him
- Karmin Covers Karmin’s “I Want It All”
- Keith Richards Wrote a Children’s Book
- American Authors Take Us Behind The Scenes Of “Best Day Of My Life”
- Watch Arcade Fire Cover Stevie Wonder’s ‘Uptight (Everything’s Alright)’
- Breaking Down Music’s Top 40 Money Makers: The Richest, The Youngest, The Proggy-iest