No Doubt have been hard at work in the studio creating out their highly-anticipated new album. Lead singer Gwen Stefani and bassist Tony Kanal are coming up for air to appear as mentors on hit reality-television show American Idol on Wednesday night.
Stefani and Kanal will be working with the final Top 8 and the theme of the show will be “1980’s music.” The duo will also be met by a friendly face: No Doubt is signed to Interscope Records, headed by American Idol adviser Jimmy Iovine.
This is not Stefani’s first year on the show. Last season American Idol contestants were styled in her popular clothing line, L.A.M.B.
Despite No Doubt’s constant Tweets updating fans on their new album, Stefani told Access Hollywood that the band would rather work on it slowly and make it perfect. “We do this thing where we work on it really hard, and then we take breaks, because everybody has so much going on,” Stefani said. “That’s why it’s taking so long.”
American Idol airs Wednesday and Thursday at 8/7c on Fox.
-Nadia Noir, KROQ/LA
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Listen to John Mellencamp’s New Song ‘Easy Target’
- John Mayer Reveals Motivation for ‘The Search for Everything Wave One’
- Jackie Evancho Prepares for Her Big Inaguration Gig
- Common Addresses Women’s Health at Gig for Planned Parenthood
- Solange, Esperanza Spalding Deliver at Peace Ball