Nick Jonas Covers Michael Buble, More on “Smash” Soundtrack
Nick Jonas’ cover of Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet” will be among the tracks featured on the upcoming soundtrack to NBC’s “Smash.” Fans first heard him perform the track earlier in season one, when he guest starred as the character Lyle West, a popular musician looking to back a Broadway production.
His cover is among the many tracks that feature the stars from “Smash” — Katherine McPhee (Karen) and Megan Hilty (Ivy Lynn) — performing the songs created specifically for the Broadway-centric drama. Included will be fan favorites such as Hilty’s performance of “Crazy Dreams,” McPhee’s “Touch Me,” “Let Me Be Your Star” (sung by both Hilty and McPhee), and the memorable rendition of Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful” that launched the career of McPhee’s character.
The soundtrack to “Smash” will be available May 1 on Columbia Records. The season finale for the show, which airs May 14, features Nick Jonas reprising his role as West.
“Smash” takes viewers through the ups and downs associated with creating a Broadway production and its stars. The series also stars Debra Messing, Anjelica Houston, Tom Levitt and Jack Davenport.
–Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh Artist Of the Day: Win $500 + Front Row Seats at Fresh Fall Fest
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France