Nick Jonas’ cover of Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet” will be among the tracks featured on the upcoming soundtrack to NBC’s “Smash.” Fans first heard him perform the track earlier in season one, when he guest starred as the character Lyle West, a popular musician looking to back a Broadway production.
His cover is among the many tracks that feature the stars from “Smash” — Katherine McPhee (Karen) and Megan Hilty (Ivy Lynn) — performing the songs created specifically for the Broadway-centric drama. Included will be fan favorites such as Hilty’s performance of “Crazy Dreams,” McPhee’s “Touch Me,” “Let Me Be Your Star” (sung by both Hilty and McPhee), and the memorable rendition of Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful” that launched the career of McPhee’s character.
The soundtrack to “Smash” will be available May 1 on Columbia Records. The season finale for the show, which airs May 14, features Nick Jonas reprising his role as West.
“Smash” takes viewers through the ups and downs associated with creating a Broadway production and its stars. The series also stars Debra Messing, Anjelica Houston, Tom Levitt and Jack Davenport.
–Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Katy Perry Shares Photos from Witness Tour Kick Off
- Chester Bennington Benefit Show Adds Blink-182, Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, More
- Nick Jonas Talks ‘Jumanji’ Reboot
- Taylor Swift Befriends Rat Co-Star in New Behind the Scenes Clip
- Bush’s Gavin Rossdale Rides Relationship Roller Coaster in ‘Lost in You’ Video
- Fergie Premieres Stylish ‘Like It Ain’t Nuttin” Video