Mary J. Blige Continues To Sell Out; Has Burger King Commercial Pulled
Burger King wants you to have it your way. And according to their new ad campaign, you want your burger grilled up with a heaping side of celebrity.
The fast food giant’s massive rebranding move began with a slew of new commercials today featuring famous faces like Jay Leno, David Beckham, and Salma Hayek. The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige, also continued her money-making reign in the realm of selling out, but for some reason, had her spot pulled rather quickly.
According to Advertising Age, Burger King launched its new campaign with the biggest menu expansion in its 58-year history. After an in-depth search for the right agency, BK chose Mother, New York to take the hormone-enhanced bull by the horns to lead the way.
“We chose celebrities to get people’s attention faster and to show the diversity that we have with our brand,” says Alex Macedo, Burger King’s senior VP of North America Marketing.
Celebrities to sell products? Count Mary J. Blige in! She’s been making bank by selling her perfume on various home shopping shows for years.
But don’t criticize MJB too much. The Bronx-born GRAMMY winner is just capitalizing like so many other musicians. Gawker reports that she’s getting a cool $2 million for her work with BK. But than why would the King pull the Queen’s spot from its YouTube channel?
Watch Mary J Blige’s Burger King commercial at Gawker and see if you can figure out why.
The Latest News & Gossip from Fresh1027.com >
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best