One Direction hysteria continues on U.S. soil with the group’s appearance Saturday at Nickelodeon’s 25th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards. The band performed their chart-topping hit “What Makes You Beautiful” off their historic U.S. debut, Up All Night.
As One Direction took the stage for their energetic track, the cameras cut to Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Selena Gomez thoroughly enjoying the U.K. band’s performance. On their feet dancing and singing along word for word, the band’s popularity is undeniable.
Even First Lady Michelle Obama was clapping along and reportedly invited the boys to the annual White House Easter egg hunt next week. Unfortunately, the band had to decline as their busy schedule will have them in Australia.
Meanwhile, the world is getting to know more about the boy band through continuous interviews and live appearances. Most recently the spotlight turned onto Zayn Malik as he explained his shyness to VEVO.
“I’m the shy one,” Malik admitted. “Before X Factor I’d never done anything that required me to have to speak in front of cameras or in front of people. The X Factor helped me with that because you’re constantly followed around by cameras.”
He also revealed that his style is more urban and he used to collect comic books when he was younger.
“It’s quite a geeky thing to do I think,” he said.
CBS Local recently learned another fact about Malik: he has some archery skills.
One Direction continue their television take over this weekend with an appearance on Saturday Night Live April 7.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani