Perhaps the first thing you notice about Wouter “Wally” De Backer, a.k.a. Gotye, is how unassuming he is in person.
Goyte chatted with Mix 104.1/Boston backstage before a sold out show at the House of Blues. He made it clear that rather than chat about his private life, Gotye wants his music to speak for itself.
There isn’t a lot you can find about Gotye’s hobbies and interests online and he would rather keep it that way. “Listen to the music, leave me alone,” he laughingly told the Boston morning radio hosts. “It’s all very boring isn’t it,” quipped Gotye when asked about the silly things he likes to do. “It’s not very interesting to me.”
What is interesting is his Billboard climbing hit, “Somebody That I Used to Know,” has been well-received both on the airwaves and the internet.
YouTube has been especially flattering with covers and imitators quick to jump on the viral bandwagon – including one made with Muppets.
Gotye doesn’t seem to mind the popularity or the remixes too much. “Some friends in Melbourne recently did a clip at home with a couple of Muppets that they made themselves…which I really liked.”
His stop in Boston wasn’t the only one that’s been hard to get tickets to, upcoming dates in Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Portland, and Seattle are also sold out.
-Tim Staskiewicz, Mix 104.1/Boston
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Have Lunch with Hillary Clinton
- ‘I Almost Passed on Katy Perry’: An Interview with Lava Records CEO Jason Flom
- The Song of the Summer 2016 Has Been Crowned
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Caught Smooching
- Britney Spears Auctions Clothing for Louisiana Flood Relief
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’