Madonna Launches New Fragrance And Stumbles Into Controversy
Next month at Macy’s department stores around the country, Madonna will kick off a new fragrance that holds a special place in her heart. For the singer, the sense of smell is particularly important. She believes that it her own sense of smell helps her to remember her late mother, who died at age 30 in 1963 when young Madge was only 5 years old. The new fragrance is based on a combination of scents that remind her of mom.
The pop singer called the combination “honest and yet daring,” in her Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon and the name of her new fragrance, Truth or Dare, was born.
Despite the scent’s sentimental beginnings, the New York Post reports that ABC have already declined to air the ad as is, deeming it too suggestive. The network reportedly requested certain standards changes, but even with those in place the Disney-owned TV network are said to only air the ad after 9PM.
-Andrew Celani, Mix 104.1/Boston with additional reporting by Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo