New Matchbox Twenty Album Coming in September
Rob Thomas has gotten Matchbox Twenty fans very excited. He announced via Twitter (@ThisIsRobThomas) on March 27 that the band’s new album will be released this September with a single to precede it in June. Titles for both have yet to be revealed.
to answer a lot of questions: new @MatchboxTwenty single in june and album out in september.
— Rob Thomas (@ThisIsRobThomas) March 27, 2012
It will be the first new music from the band since 2007’s Exile on Mainstream, a retrospective of Matchbox Twenty’s hits that also contained six new songs.
According to their label, Atlantic Records, the band is once again working in the studio with Matt Serletic, who has produced all of their studio albums (Yourself or Someone Like You, Mad Season, More Than You Think You Are, Exile on Mainstream) plus both of Thomas’ solo releases (…Something to Be and Cradlesong).
According to another tweet from Thomas last week, he and the band were in the middle of planning all promotional support for the album, which will includes a tour.
– Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Texas High School Students Use Drake Slogans to Decorate Parking Lot
- Justin Bieber Teases ‘What Do You Mean?’ Video
- Watch a Woman Dance to Future after Wild Police Chase
- Social Media ‘Expert’ Thinks Most Instagram Users Are #IDIOTS
- When Will Adele Finally Release New Music?
- MTV Unveils Full VMA Performers List including Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd & More