“The Hunger Games” Soundtrack Debuts at #1
It seems like everyone went to see The Hunger Games, giving the film a #1 box office slot and a $155 million opening weekend — one of the largest in history.
Also making history is The Hunger Games soundtrack, which earns the franchise another #1. Today it debuts at the top of the Nielsen SoundScan charts, with 175,030 copies sold. This relegates Adele to the #2 slot again — but don’t feel too badly for her, as she has sold over 8 million copies of 21 to date. This also bests the first Twilight soundtrack, which debuted at #1 but only sold 164,700 copies in its first week.
The soundtrack is led by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars’ track “Safe and Sound,” which has racked up over 7 million views on YouTube. Taylor was among the moviegoers who saw The Hunger Games this weekend. US Weekly reports she went to a Sunday screening with Glee’s Dianna Agron.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Whitney Houston’s Mom Slams Lifetime Biopic: ‘Please Let Her Rest’
- Pharrell Snagged Miley Cyrus for ‘Come Get It Bae’ Video: Watch
- See Beyoncé Channel ‘Rosie the Riveter’ on Instagram
- Weird Al’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ is His First No. 1 Album
- Adele Awarded Five-Figure Sum In Case Over Son’s ‘Milestone’ Photos
- Jack White Went to a Chicago Cubs Game and Had A Wretched Time