It seems like everyone went to see The Hunger Games, giving the film a #1 box office slot and a $155 million opening weekend — one of the largest in history.
Also making history is The Hunger Games soundtrack, which earns the franchise another #1. Today it debuts at the top of the Nielsen SoundScan charts, with 175,030 copies sold. This relegates Adele to the #2 slot again — but don’t feel too badly for her, as she has sold over 8 million copies of 21 to date. This also bests the first Twilight soundtrack, which debuted at #1 but only sold 164,700 copies in its first week.
The soundtrack is led by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars’ track “Safe and Sound,” which has racked up over 7 million views on YouTube. Taylor was among the moviegoers who saw The Hunger Games this weekend. US Weekly reports she went to a Sunday screening with Glee’s Dianna Agron.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Madonna Shows Support for Russian LGBT Community With New Campaign
- Lionel Richie Says Luke Bryan Is ‘First on the List’ For Possible Country Release
- Actress Amanda Bynes Back In Court In Bong-Tossing Case
- Watch The Sound of Music Live! Tonight Among Friends with Booze
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013
- Kim’s College: Charlize Theron, Keanu Reeves and Jamie Fox