Lady Gaga Songs Deemed Unhealthy
The Boston Public Health Commission put together a tool that allows people to create a Sound Relationships Nutrition Label for their favorite songs. And it turns out that Lady Gaga and Drake have some songs that may not be good for kids’ mental health.
The nutrition label “invites consumers to become song lyric nutritionists by helping them identify relationship ingredients that make up a song.” Using the song title and lyrics, listeners are encouraged to tally the themes, healthy vs. unhealthy, that make up a song. They recommend consuming lots of songs with “healthy” relationship themes. In the top 10 of healthy songs were Justin Bieber’s “One Time,” Jason Mraz’s I”m Yours,” and the Black Eyed Peas’ “Meet Me Halfway.”
As for ten songs deemed most unhealthy, using metrics like drama, possession/obsession, disrespect, and manipulation, Lady Gaga lands on the list twice with “Paparazzi” and “Bad Romance.” Drake’s “Best I Ever” and Pitbull’s “Hotel Room Service” are also deemed to be full of unhealthy themes.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win: Phillip Phillips Autographed Guitar
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- Bono Calls U2’s Surprise iTunes Album Release ‘Punk Rock': ‘Annoy People and Get in Their Faces’
- Prince Releases New Song ‘Funknroll': Listen
- This Week On FM Magazine: Gilda’s Club Northern New Jersey
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’