Hot Chelle Rae exhibit all the elements of a bad breakup in their latest music video. After frontman Ryan Follese forgets his plans with his girlfriend at the start of “Honestly” all hell breaks loose.
The Nashville-based band met in Los Angeles and filmed the video with director Marcus Raboy. At the video’s start Follese’s girlfriend, portrayed by Ashley Benson from Pretty Little Liars, shows up at his apartment during band rehearsal.
“Baby, are you ready to go?” Benson asks.
“I thought I told you I had rehearsal,” Follese responds.
“You’re focusing on video games right now so . . . ,” Benson said.
While it’s clearly evident he isn’t going anywhere, Benson takes matters into her own hands as she throws his laundry out the window. Segue to the song’s start: “Honestly, why are my clothes out on the street?” he sings fittingly.
Next, he finds his car keyed but lucky for him it just so happens it’s the exact same car across the street and not his at all.
Follese gets his revenge by posting photos of him having a blast at a party. While he is posing for photos kissing other girls he tags is ex . Meanwhile, his ex is at home signing up for dating websites. Her latest date she conveniently brings to the party.
Clearly unfazed, Follese takes his rightful place onstage as he and his band perform. Watch the video to see the video’s surprise ending.
After an Australian tour with Taylor Swift, earlier this month Hot Chelle Rae added new tour dates to their U.S. headlining tour which runs through July.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’