Karmin Release New Music Video For “Brokenhearted”
Just a month after their performance on Saturday Night Live, Karmin debut the video for “Brokenhearted.” In the duo’s latest music video, singer Amy Heidemann meets real life fiancé and bandmate Nick Noonan at a party.
The next day at band rehearsal she can’t get him out of her head. Continually looking at her phone for a text or phone call, her frustration is evident.
“See I’ve been waiting all day/ For you to call me baby/ So let’s get up, let’s get on it/ Don’t you leave me brokenhearted tonight,” she sings.
With a catchy drumbeat and relatable lyrics, the song strikes a chord. Unfortunately for Heidermann though, the track ends in heartbreak as she finds out her love interest has a girlfriend.
Nylon magazine interviewed the band recently and they discussed how much their lives have changed.
On April 12 of last year the duo uploaded a cover of Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now” on YouTube. Less than a year later, the video has been viewed more than 60 million times.
Heidermann and Noonan met at Berklee College of Music in 2004 where she was singing and he was studying jazz trombone.
“After we graduated we decided we should start a group,” Noonan said. “At the time it was gonna be a modern version of Simon & Garfunkel, but it kind of evolved from there.”
In addition to singing a Chris Brown cover, Karmin have filmed covers of Lil Wayne’s “6 Foot 7 Foot” and Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass.” While Heidemann showcases her rap skills on “Brokenhearted,” Noonan admits Kanye West is a major influence.
“He really pushed us to ask, ‘Why can’t we do hip-hop?’” Noonan said.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings