Madonna Premieres “Girl Gone Wild” Video
“Like a girl gone wild” — it could describe the S&M outfit Madonna is wearing in the opening shot of her new video, while she prays to God for forgiveness. Things only get hotter from there.
In her new video for “Girl Gone Wild,” Madonna evokes some of the touchstones of her earlier career, from the black and white style of “Vogue” and “Erotica” to the feminized male dancers to the Gaultier-inspired black clothes. A barrage of images flash by quickly, including a shot of a smoking Madonna that’s reminiscent of “Bad Girl,” workout gear matched with high heels in the style of “Hung Up,” and a silhouetted figure in chains can’t help evoking “Human Nature.”
Madonna isn’t afraid of putting her sexuality in your face, but with “Girl Gone Wild” she chooses to focus the camera on gay sexuality. Male dancers wear high heels, take meaningful bites out of a shared apple, and thrust their muscled bodies towards a mirrored wall. It’s a bid to normalize gay sexuality through exposure while Madonna paints herself into the Marlene Dietrich-esque figure in the middle of it all.
Several minute-long snippets of songs from the forthcoming MDNA are available on Madonna’s YouTube channel to further satiate your Madge cravings. Additionally, Pop Crush have posted a first look at the booklet for the forthcoming album.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Fresh First’ Artist Melanie Martinez Reveals The Inspiration Behind ‘Dollhouse’
- Haulin Oats Earns Hall & Oates Lawsuit, But Garfunkel & Oates Get a Pass?
- Prince Announces Hit & Run Tour with Pop-Up Shows Across U.S.
- Maybe It’s a Hoax, But Adele’s ’25’ Was Spotted on Amazon Today
- Kelly Clarkson Talks The Passion Of Pregnancy Recording And Creating ‘Piece By Piece’
- Bodyguard Forcefully Removes Fan from Lady Gaga’s Path in Paris