Kicking it off by saying, “This is about to get real embarrassing,” Katy Perry filmed a cover of Kanye West and Jay-Z’s track “N***** In Paris” for BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge Monday morning. Perry wisely swapped out the n-word for “ninjas” and rocked a signature New York Yankees cap for the performance, possibly to channel Jay-Z’s legendary fandom for the baseball team.
This isn’t Perry’s first trip to or cover for the BBC Radio 1 show. Back in 2008 she appeared and did a cover of MGMT’s “Electric Feel.” Perry released a sneak peek of her new video “Part of Me” last week and the full video is set to premiere on MTV on Wednesday, March 21.
In other news, it seems a collaboration between be sties Rihanna and Katy Perry is in the works. Rihanna tells Access Hollywood, “”We have been working on this for years. We still are trying to make a song together, Katy Perry and I. She is one of my favorite musicians, as well as one of my favorite people in the industry.” But don’t expect it to hit your inbox immediately. “The song will probably come out in a while,” Rihanna said. “I won’t say that it’s happening right now, but it’s going to happen.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Moment of Silence for Bombing Victims Erupts in Oasis Song
- Niall Horan Calls Eagles’ Don Henley ‘Dad’
- Amber Rose Relives Terrifying Home Invasion, ‘I Cried All Day Long’
- Mariah Carey Pays Tribute to Fan who Died in Manchester Bombing
- DJ Khaled Confirms Rihanna Appearance on ‘Grateful’
- Guns N’ Roses Add 15 Dates to North American Not in This Lifetime Tour