Cee Lo Green Sings Uncensored Lyrics At Obama Fundraiser, Responds To Critics
Cee Lo Green’s infectiously naughty song “F–k You,” which was co-written by Bruno Mars, became an international hit and made potty-mouths of its listeners. This weekend the uncensored lyrics crashed a fundraiser for President Obama when Cee Lo decided to perform the original version for the President.
Before Cee Lo dropped the b–bomb, he flashed the one-finger salute in place of the words. Unsatisfied with his edit, he called on the audience: “Can I cuss?” he said. He then proceeded to sing the uncensored chorus.
The song, which was the lead single off his 2012 album The Lady Killer, was later remixed for radio. The chorus was changed and the song was released with several different titles, from “F–k You” to the more family friendly versions “Forget You” and “FU.”
The fundraiser was hosted by director Tyler Perry at his Atlanta studio, as part of three events held in Atlanta on Friday. The audience of about 1000 paid a price of $250- $500 to attend the performance and Green was criticized for using expletives at the event.
Cee Lo has since responded via Twitter to the blowback he has received for his use of crude language at a presidential fundraiser. When one tweeter said The Voice should be “ashamed,” Green fired back.
@thecrow365 well there not! And it was a mistake sir. All of you heard the song a thousand times so don’t get all saint on me
— Cee Lo Green (@CeeLoGreen) March 18, 2012
As a judge on The Voice, Cee Lo has gained a prominent TV following. American Idol winner Ruben Studdard recently sang Green’s praise for his role on The Voice.
Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo