Adam Lambert Gives Behind-The-Scenes Details On “Better Than I Know Myself”
Lambert had a hard time saying who he enjoyed working with most for Trespassing,
“I can’t answer that. Everyone was fun! It’s all different experiences, honestly,” he said. “I can’t pick a favorite. Sam Sparro was really fun to work with, Bonny McKee. They were all fun to work with.”
Lambert also enlisted the help of guitarist/producer Nile Rodgers on Trespassing.
“He was amazing. He’s the nicest guy. Totally cool, totally down to earth,” he said. “The minute we played the song together he just lit up when he started putting his guitar lines down. He’s just a really cool guy, great energy. He was talking about being in the studio with [David] Bowie. It’s quite an honor to have him on the album.”
Lambert also revealed the details behind the use of a pomegranate in the music video for “Better Than I Know Myself.”
“One of the things we cut out was . . . I was eating popcorn which was not my idea. We ended up cutting [it] out because it looked kind of silly,” he said. “We wanted to have some sort of food on the other side. I was like, ‘Give me a pomegranate.’ It was totally random. Then it looked cool when I crushed it, so we kept it. Who doesn’t have a pomegranate lying around?”
With his album release set for next week, Lambert says music is his priority.
“I’m focused on this album and making my own music that I’m writing and helping to produce.”
To watch the full video and performance visit 96.5 Tic.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen