Actor George Clooney Arrested At Washington D.C. Political Rally
George Clooney, his dad journalist Nick Clooney and several others were arrested outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington D.C. this afternoon, for protesting the country’s blockage of food and aid from entering the Nuba Mountains area of the country, as well as its treatment of its people.
The group, composed of members of United to End Genocide, the Enough Campaign and Amnesty International was arrested during a demonstration outside the Embassy of Sudan in which they were rallying to call on the United States and world leaders to stop the violence in South Sudan and prevent hundreds of thousands of people from starving.
George is not only an extraordinary actor but he is a longtime political activist. I am so proud of George for standing up for folks who can’t do it for themselves but I’m a little worried. George is too pretty to go to jail!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion