George Clooney, his dad journalist Nick Clooney and several others were arrested outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington D.C. this afternoon, for protesting the country’s blockage of food and aid from entering the Nuba Mountains area of the country, as well as its treatment of its people.
The group, composed of members of United to End Genocide, the Enough Campaign and Amnesty International was arrested during a demonstration outside the Embassy of Sudan in which they were rallying to call on the United States and world leaders to stop the violence in South Sudan and prevent hundreds of thousands of people from starving.
George is not only an extraordinary actor but he is a longtime political activist. I am so proud of George for standing up for folks who can’t do it for themselves but I’m a little worried. George is too pretty to go to jail!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch The Muppets Rap Eminem’s ‘My Name Is’
- Benny Boom in Talks to Direct Troubled Tupac Biopic
- Ricki Lake Helps Launch HIV/AIDS Campaign: #TreatmentForAll
- Watch The Killers’ New Christmas Video ‘Dirt Sledding’
- Watch Isosine’s Nonstop Pop 2015 Mashup
- Listen to Coldplay and Beyoncé’s Collaboration, ‘Hymn for the Weekend’