George Clooney, his dad journalist Nick Clooney and several others were arrested outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington D.C. this afternoon, for protesting the country’s blockage of food and aid from entering the Nuba Mountains area of the country, as well as its treatment of its people.
The group, composed of members of United to End Genocide, the Enough Campaign and Amnesty International was arrested during a demonstration outside the Embassy of Sudan in which they were rallying to call on the United States and world leaders to stop the violence in South Sudan and prevent hundreds of thousands of people from starving.
George is not only an extraordinary actor but he is a longtime political activist. I am so proud of George for standing up for folks who can’t do it for themselves but I’m a little worried. George is too pretty to go to jail!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Perry Farrell Clarifies Anti-EDM Comments: ‘I LOVE DANCE MUSIC’
- See a Photo of Harry Styles from the set of ‘Dunkirk’
- Ingrid Michaelson on Using Sign Language in Her ‘Hell No’ Video
- Florida Georgia Line Address Alleged Police Incident
- Alessia Cara Covers U2’s ‘One’
- This Week On FM Magazine: Operation Backpack 2016