Actor George Clooney Arrested At Washington D.C. Political Rally
George Clooney, his dad journalist Nick Clooney and several others were arrested outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington D.C. this afternoon, for protesting the country’s blockage of food and aid from entering the Nuba Mountains area of the country, as well as its treatment of its people.
The group, composed of members of United to End Genocide, the Enough Campaign and Amnesty International was arrested during a demonstration outside the Embassy of Sudan in which they were rallying to call on the United States and world leaders to stop the violence in South Sudan and prevent hundreds of thousands of people from starving.
George is not only an extraordinary actor but he is a longtime political activist. I am so proud of George for standing up for folks who can’t do it for themselves but I’m a little worried. George is too pretty to go to jail!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen