The Hunger Games soundtrack will be available on March 20, but the Internet can’t wait. Two more tracks from the soundtrack have leaked in advance of the official album release. The first is Taylor Swift’s second Hunger Games contribution. The first, “Safe and Sound” with the Civil Wars, was released on February 16 and has already racked up over 5 million views on YouTube. Today Perez Hilton posted a full stream of Swift’s “Eyes Open.”
Like all songs on the soundtrack, “Eyes Wide Open” was written and inspired by the film. It addresses Katniss Everdeen’s evolution from a child to a contestant in The Hunger Games, fighting 23 of her peers to the death.
Also leaked, via a fan site, is Kid Cudi’s contribution, “The Ruler and the Killer.” Cudi is the only hip hop artist on the largely rustic and bluegrass influenced soundtrack. This is one of Cudi’s more rock-influenced songs, however, and it seems ambiguously suited to a darker moment in the story, expressing the feeling of being actively in battle.
Previously released tracks include Arcade Fire’s “Abraham’s Daughter” and “Horn of Plenty,” the latter of which is the Capitol anthem and by extension the national anthem of Panem. Also previously released is a 90 second clip of the Civil Wars’ “Kingdom Come.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 10 Songs That Fill You With Lust
- Camila Cabello Wants Body Enhancement for Her Birthday
- The Touching Oscars Moment That Turned Into a ‘Touch Me’ Moment For Karen!
- The Weeknd Unveils ‘Spring Icons’ Fashion Line
- Watch Sara Bareilles Cover Joni Mitchell for Oscars’ In Memoriam Segment
- Goo Goo Dolls Announce Tour Dates, Tease New EP