Chris Martin Still Thinks ‘Mylo Xyloto’ Was a Good Name
Last week, Coldplay stopped by the Good Morning America studios for an interview and performance – since then, the internet has been abuzz with what singer Chris Martin said about the group’s latest album, Mylo Xyloto.
He said the band named their fifth studio effort after “two words that you couldn’t even Google” and it’s been causing him a headache because it’s been confusing their fans.
He told GMA: “It’s just something that we thought looked really good but everywhere we go around the world people pronounce it in the most crazy ways and we’re beginning to regret it now.”
Chris has since backtracked on his not-so-kind-words about the band’s latest effort. He took to Twitter to set the record straight, writing, “No regrets at all about Mylo Xyloto as an album title. We love it. Only regret attempting JOKE on early morning TV.”
No regrets at all about Mylo Xyloto as album title. We love it. Only regret attempting JOKE on early morning TV. CM
— Coldplay (@coldplay) March 5, 2012
What exactly does Mylo Xyloto mean?
Well, during an interview for the New York Times, Chris said “Music comes from a place we don’t know. It sort of comes through the fingers and toes, so we came up with the idea of, what if you had musical digits, like xylo toes?”
So, there you have it. Chris still likes the silly name Mylo Xyloto, even if you can’t pronounce it correctly and it takes you twenty minutes to search it’s meaning out. Take that!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together