Annie Lennox Requests Rihanna Speak Out Against Domestic Violence
Lennox told The Telegraph that Rihanna could become a “tremendous spokesperson” if she spoke out against domestic violence and discussed her experience.
“Here is a young woman who has been through domestic violence and she could become a tremendous spokesperson for that issue but the choice is hers,” Lennox said. “It’s not up to anybody else to do that.”
As more musicians weigh in on the situation, Lennox added that ultimately it is Rihanna’s decision.
“Of course if she did choose to do that it would be so ****ing powerful but it’s her personal right to choose it or not. We all have our own issues and we have to deal with them in our own way.”
With an acting role in Battleship which comes to theaters in May, Rihanna will only continue to be in the public eye. Director Peter Berg recently told MTV News he was surprised no one thought to hire Rihanna before.
“I was a huge fan of her videos. Obviously she’s sexy, but she had this real intensity. I’m like, ‘Someone’s going to get her,’ he said. “When I met with her, she came in a T-shirt and jeans, no makeup, very natural.”
“She was like, ‘Look, I want to be an actress. Don’t kiss my ass. Don’t lie to me. Push me. Treat me as you would any other actor. Help make me good.’ She is really, really good in Battleship.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Awarded Five-Figure Sum In Case Over Son’s ‘Milestone’ Photos
- Jack White Went to a Chicago Cubs Game and Had A Wretched Time
- Lana Del Rey Explains Her Song ‘F—-D My Way to the Top’
- U2 Might Still Release New Album In 2014
- SBTRKT Announces ‘Wonder Where We Land’ LP, Shares ‘New Dorp, New York’ Feat. Ezra Koenig
- Jack White Covers Lorde’s ‘Royals’: Watch