Oprah Lands First Interview With Whitney Houston’s Daughter
Oprah Winfrey and her OWN network have landed a big interview: the first sit down with Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina after the pop diva’s death. A press release from OWN announcing the interview, which will air on March 11, says that Bobbi Kristina will discuss, ”personal memories of her mom and how she would like the iconic superstar to be remembered. The family also addresses the rumors and speculation surrounding Houston’s death.”
Bobbi Kristina will appear with Whitney’s brother Gary Houston and her sister-in-law and manager Patricia Houston. CBS News reported that she was treated on the scene for anxiety. Father Bobby Brown subsequently released a statement that his daughter is doing much better and asking that the press and public respect the family’s privacy.
Winfrey was one of the invited guests to Houston’s funeral in New Jersey, along with luminaries Kevin Costner, Tyler Perry, Alicia Keys, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, and Clive Davis. Daughter Bobbi Kristina has been widely speculated in the press to have spiraled downhill since the singer’s death. She will turn 19 on Sunday, March 10.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings