Over 5,000 fans waited in line at the Natick Mall in Boston yesterday for a chance to meet One Direction. The group’s first U.S. signing, pandemonium ensued when they were introduced to the crowd and took their seats behind a table for autographs.
The screams only continued when the band thanked everyone for showing up and passed the microphones around so each member could say hello individually.
NBC affiliate WHDH was onsite and talked to One Direction fans who waited hours for an autograph from the British group.
“We are all in love with them,” said one girl.
“I’m meeting One Direction and making my dreams come true,” another exclaimed.
The British boy band have grown in popularity after they first appeared on the English version of the X Factor in 2010. Their debut album Up All Night, was the fastest selling album in the United Kingdom last year. Due for U.S. release March 13, One Direction are currently embarking on a tour stateside.
“Our trip has been great so far, a lot of fun. The crowds have been absolutely incredible every single night so far so we’ve had a great time,” said Liam Payne.
“We feel really lucky, we can’t believe that we’re here touring America and getting this support. We can’t really thank the fans enough,” added Louis Tomlinson.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism