Over 5,000 fans waited in line at the Natick Mall in Boston yesterday for a chance to meet One Direction. The group’s first U.S. signing, pandemonium ensued when they were introduced to the crowd and took their seats behind a table for autographs.
The screams only continued when the band thanked everyone for showing up and passed the microphones around so each member could say hello individually.
NBC affiliate WHDH was onsite and talked to One Direction fans who waited hours for an autograph from the British group.
“We are all in love with them,” said one girl.
“I’m meeting One Direction and making my dreams come true,” another exclaimed.
The British boy band have grown in popularity after they first appeared on the English version of the X Factor in 2010. Their debut album Up All Night, was the fastest selling album in the United Kingdom last year. Due for U.S. release March 13, One Direction are currently embarking on a tour stateside.
“Our trip has been great so far, a lot of fun. The crowds have been absolutely incredible every single night so far so we’ve had a great time,” said Liam Payne.
“We feel really lucky, we can’t believe that we’re here touring America and getting this support. We can’t really thank the fans enough,” added Louis Tomlinson.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’