My First Date with My Boyfriend’s Dad…
My boyfriend works in the hospitality industry… which means I have a lot of Friday and Saturday nights to myself. So, this week I decided it would be fun to go out on a dinner date on Saturday night… with his dad.
I texted Tony (yes, he’s a pretty hip dad) and said… “my boyfriend is working Saturday night. Would you like to go on a date? Let’s go to Jewel…I know a guy.”
That guy is, of course, my boyfriend, Michael who is the GM at Jewel.
I got all dressed up and met Michael’s dad at the bar at Jewel for a pre-dinner drink before we were seated, and as I was heading out of my apartment to catch the LIRR to Long Island, I had a really scary thought…what if we had nothing to talk about and all you heard at dinner were forks scraping on the plates with awkward silences in between and both of us checking our cell phones to see what time it was?!
And then I did what I do best…I psyched myself out into a nervous wreck about messing up this dinner. By the time I walked into the restaurant, I was convinced my boyfriend’s dad would walk away from dinner saying to himself…”What is my son thinking?!”
But from the outside, I was complete and total bravado. I walked into Jewel in my pretty black dress showing complete confidence…and what do you think happened?! Well, we just had to call my boyfriend’s dad, Tony, this morning so he could tell you how it actually went…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do': Watch
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Jack White to Headline Farm Aid 2014 Alongside Neil Young, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp & Dave Matthews